Vintage Native American Fine Artwork and Other Treasures

Welcome to Boxerlovinglady's blog. Your visit is most appreciated. Relax, put your feet up and enjoy yourself.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tatting Rocks: Etsy blog worth a long, slow read

http://www.etsy.com/storque/handmade-life/needlework-from-the-drawers-of-daughters-12377/?ref=fp_blog_title


My grandmother tatted for as long as I can remember and I am so grateful that my own collection started with dresser runners, doilies and other beautiful textile artwork that she made herself. The handketchiefs? Amazing pocketbook art. Or church lady chic as I call them. What a wonderful story about preserving the past. Maybe someday I will learn how to tat and move from collector to creating such exquisite textile artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Northeastern U.S., United States